[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Woad

Woad

If it doesn't fit into any of the above mentioned, post it here...

Moderator: Johan Sjöberg

Woad

Postby Maria » 24 Sep 2008, 07:44

Where can I get woad seeds? And were can I get woad- ready to use?
I remember talking to someone about this in Morimondo. If I remember things correctly- it's supposed to somewhere in Germany. Anyone that can help me here? :?
Sharp connection!
Maria
Medlem

Re: Woad

Postby Martina » 24 Sep 2008, 09:30

Husknuten at Gotland does a lot of woad experiments, it's probably the best place in Sweden to try to find dried woad and get some extra tips about the process. If you are looking for seeds, I've got some, but they are starting to grow old... I think you may order from Impecta. Bäckedal does also grow woad, but they are still experimenting with the dyeing process. When I tried it out there, I didn't even get any blue, just green and yellow and a bit of red!

/Martina
Martina

Postby jboerner » 24 Sep 2008, 09:56

jboerner

Postby Hannah Bob » 24 Sep 2008, 20:18

i buy my woad from here http://www.woad-inc.co.uk/ (i think they ship almost anywhere)

they do dried woad balls as well as the pigment and seeds. im waiting for my first crop in the new house to get bigger before i harvest any!!
Hannah Bob

Postby RichardDeMaule » 17 Nov 2008, 18:44

If this is still something that interests you, and you live in Sweden, try , they sell all kinds of weird seeds, even woad.
RichardDeMaule

Return to Other crafts