[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Event: Medeltida Ystad - 9th-12th of july, 2009

Event: Medeltida Ystad - 9th-12th of july, 2009

Events arranged by other groups or employers are discussed here. Invitations to events can also be posted here. Available to: registered users, proselyter, medlemmar

Moderator: Johan Sjöberg

Event: Medeltida Ystad - 9th-12th of july, 2009

Postby Peter » 23 Jan 2009, 12:33

The battle of Ystad is arranged by the organisation Medeltida Ystad (Medieval Ystad - ) and takes place att the castle of Bjersjöholm, outside the town Ystad, in the absolute south of Sweden. Our friends of Fraternis Militia Carnis are in charge of the battle, which means that we for once can get a decent fight with decent fighters. Medeltida Ystad can offer travel compensation, but it is not known for sure how much at this date.

To set this in perspective: From Hamburg it is a 5 hour trip, with almost an hour on the boat. It costs about 70 euros one way, and I would guess some money must be spent on ferry fees and such, so lets say about 100 Euros one way. As mentioned, I don't know exactly about the compensation, but I would guess it is at least 100 euros per fighter (civilians are of course also welcome, but as I understand it, it is only fighters that get paid). That means that you can have a free trip to Sweden if you can get 2 fighters to come along (if you live in Hamburg or close to Hamburg).

There can be no excuses - we would really like to see our friends from abroad on a Swedish event, so please send a mail to arrangor[at]carnis.org and ask for more info.
Mordlysten krigsman, rå och hård i hjertat,
Och med ett samvete som helvet rymligt,
Skall rasa fritt med blodbestänkta händer
Och meja edra friska jungfrur af
Och edra fagra spenabarn som gräs
Peter
Styrelse

Re: Event: Medeltida Ystad - 9th-12th of july, 2009

Postby Louise » 26 Jan 2009, 16:11

Do you know if they would be interested in having craftsmen? Such as leatherworking, needlebinding, plant dying and embroidery? Or are they most interested in men in armour? :)
Louise

Postby Peter » 26 Jan 2009, 16:29

I guess that you would be welcome, but the "real" money lies in (late 14th century) fighters on the field.
Peter
Styrelse

Postby Johan Käll » 26 Jan 2009, 20:16

They ARE interested in all good groups that wants to come. But due to that the group inviting (Fraternis Militia Carnis) is hired to arrange the Battle, they pay only for the fighters. The idéa as i understood though is that each figher on the fild gets 200 euro and then it may cover the expenses for the 'groundcrew' as well.
Johan Käll
Medlem

Postby Peter » 27 Jan 2009, 08:51

Thanks Johan. That is what I meant. Also, we must remember that the event is explicitly a 14th century one, but that wouldn't be a problem for you Louise? I understood that you guys were working on 14th century outfits as well?
Peter
Styrelse

Postby Louise » 27 Jan 2009, 16:59

Thanks guys, for the info. Yes Mikkel and I are working on 14th century clothes and hope to go one some markets on our own this summer/fall. But I can see that the dates fall together with a danish market, so we might end up going to that. Though it would have been great to come meet you in Sweden.
Louise

Postby Peter » 27 Jan 2009, 18:38

:-( Bummer. Well, there will be more markets. We are planning to go to Copenhagen, as you know. Are you guys going?
Peter
Styrelse

Postby Maria » 27 Jan 2009, 23:35

It would be great to meet you too! :)
Sharp connection!
Maria
Medlem

Postby Louise » 28 Jan 2009, 12:24

Our 15th century group is quite sure not going and I´m not sure at thte moment about me and Mikkel. I´m doing my last exams here doing spring and summer, so I might not have as much time for markets as I would like. Bu in autum we would have time. So please let us know if there is any fun markets to go to. :)
Louise

Postby Johan Käll » 28 Jan 2009, 12:51

This would pretty much be it. Not cause the market is anything out of the ordinary, but because this is the event we are tryingto get the best groups to and to 'build on' for the furture.

And, Ystad is in the south so its not many houres ride from Denmark ;)

Since the main groups involved (us and Carnis ) are concerned with the Margarete 1 and Albrechts of Mecklenburg conflict, Danush and germanic groups are very warmly welcome as this would give the right atmosphere to the event.

Also, maybe this could be something for our Finnish friends? ALL of that time sweden should be represented i think.
Johan Käll
Medlem

Next

Return to Business and Pleasure