[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - 14th century events

14th century events

Events arranged by other groups or employers are discussed here. Invitations to events can also be posted here. Available to: registered users, proselyter, medlemmar

Moderator: Johan Sjöberg

14th century events

Postby Johan Käll » 08 Apr 2008, 17:38

Well, We'll see you in Morrimondo then. But Seeth-Ekholt cant be to far can it?
Johan Käll
Medlem

Re: Hairbrush and: hallo! ;)

Postby jboerner » 08 Apr 2008, 17:46

650km :( Even more than morimondo...
The other thing is, since seeth-eckhold is a civil market event, we have problems integrating our roles into the concept, since in the 14th century we mainly aim for aristocracy. I simply would have nothing to do.. of course I would transfer my craftsmanship (in late 15th century I'm trying to reconstruct a lacemaker from nuremberg) into the 14th century, but I would have to leave some things at home.
There are simply not enough military events in the 14th century...
jboerner

Postby Louise » 08 Apr 2008, 19:41

You are most wellcome Jens - let me know if there is any problems getting it shipped if you buy it from Denmark. I live in the same town as the firm how makes the books. So if you have any problems I might be persuaded to send it to you :)
Louise

Postby Bertus Brokamp » 09 Apr 2008, 00:56

Bertus Brokamp

Postby Johan Käll » 09 Apr 2008, 01:38

Yeah.... wonder how long it is between Stockholm/ Seeth-Ekholt....

ofcourse.. we swedes count a 'long' distance abit different.. ;)
Johan Käll
Medlem

Re: 14th century events

Postby jboerner » 09 Apr 2008, 12:57

*g* @Bertus
Actually there are a lot of things happening in nuremberg in the 14th century, some friends of us are portraying 14th century in the region: http://www.nbg1380.de
In fact, because it was mentioned in another thread, there are more and more groups with totally local display, in 13th century http://www.brandenburg1260.de/ , http://www.foracheim.de , also a friend of us from Erlangen) and 14th century (see above, also: http://www.bayreuth1320.de also here in the Region).
But, it might sound really stupid: we are doing nuremberg in the late 15th century, but Paris in the 13th and 14th ;) This is actually due to the fact I was born in nuremberg, and Myriam in Paris, so we are focusing on these two.
We hope this year our regional focus will be more visible, also on our homepage. At least we have some nice local stuff for the 15th century, and some new things on findings from paris and st. denis.

However, a local event in the south of high quality focusing in the 14th century would be a nice thing, up to now really most events seem to be in the north, which is a problem when you consider that they last only one weekend.
I think in the future there is no other way then to organize something here ourselves.
Nevertheless, I like events with a base topic, and the hansa is a very nice one, which makes northern events quite attractive.
jboerner

Postby Johan Käll » 09 Apr 2008, 13:44

The Hansa is a really good thing to base events on. A event about 'Hansatage' would bring people from all of the Hansaarea, that actually have a reason for being there, including Swedes, that didnt take part in any conflict down on the continent in the 14:th century and therefor makes us very 'malplace' historically when we are out.

Then we just have to figure out how we can let the Koggmuseum let us loan one of their boats.... Hmmm....
Johan Käll
Medlem

Postby jboerner » 09 Apr 2008, 13:55

I especially like the hansa theme because it is very versatile. It has, of course, the civil aspect, with the focus on trade, a good enviroment for displays of merchants. Then the craftsmanship providing the goods, which makes it good to incorperate people who display craftsmen. And finally there is a srtong military aspect in protecting the goods and because of the various conflicts.
jboerner

Postby Johan Käll » 09 Apr 2008, 14:09

yes, the Hansa was a active fighting part i most major conflicts in Scandinavia. Nor Swedes or Danes usually started to kill eachother without getting some Hansa troops from Lübeck. I guess the red and white of the Hansa would be a common sihgt here in sweden....

Talking of that... you as a german would blend in good in swedish 14:th cenury.They where so plenty here the cities had a law that stated that at least half of the town burgmeisters had to be swedish.. and that official papers MUST be in swedish (they would have been written in lowgerman otherwise).
Johan Käll
Medlem

Postby jboerner » 11 Apr 2008, 12:41

Yes, I also found several hints to good contacts to danemark and sweden in written sources.

How is the event in Wisby, by the way? The people died there would have earned a good event to honour them.
jboerner

Next

Return to Business and Pleasure