[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Weekend on a 14:th cent. warship

Weekend on a 14:th cent. warship

Events arranged by other groups or employers are discussed here. Invitations to events can also be posted here. Available to: registered users, proselyter, medlemmar

Moderator: Johan Sjöberg

Weekend on a 14:th cent. warship

Postby Johan Käll » 22 Apr 2008, 11:21

I had this idea....

Next summer. maybe we could get Helga holm out on a weekend. My thought is that it would be a all reenactor trip. Worthy of inviting people from europe on. It would be a closed event, not an showing, just for the benefit of the paricipants. I see before me a two night trip. Sleeping on the boat and/or the islets.

For those who do not know helga holm, its a 14:th century ship excevated in Stockholm. Its timber has been dendrochronoanalysed to have been felled 1285-1345, the active period for the ship is belived to have been during the middle of 14:th century. Its is a 8 oarpair (16 rowers) sailingship, belived to have been used for war or patrolduties. This ship has probobly been used against the feared vitalianerbrothers (or.. by them since its has been sunk in stockholm waters)

It is buildt in the old style 'klinker' model (the same way vikingships where) witch is a superior shipsbuilding technic as opposed to the kogg. But, more expensive and way more cumbersome method to build ships in. It is a sleek ship that would be hard to outrun. It has a crew of 20. I dont know yet how many it can take 'all in all'

What think you, specially you visitors from down the continent.. would this be a event you would be interested in? Would it be worth going to Sweden for? I can assure you that Stockholm archipelago is one of the most beutiful in itself, and that the august weather in sweden is warm, with bathingfriendly temperaturs in the water...

Some pictures of Helga holm:
Under sail

Prepared for the night
Johan Käll
Medlem

Re: Weekend on a 14:th cent. warship

Postby Louise » 22 Apr 2008, 22:45

That would be really great! And I whink if the date i pronounced a good time ahead ther emight come some danes - if we also are invented? We could make som 14th clothes for the trip. :)
Louise

Postby Johan Käll » 22 Apr 2008, 22:50

Danes... Danes!!

Well..our mortal enemy... i'll have to think about that... ;)

Of course danes would be invited. Anyone reenacting 14:th century would come in question...

The date will be set in good time. This summer we will check interest with people. and by fall I'll contact the boaters and start negotiations, if i can surmise enough interest.
Johan Käll
Medlem

Postby Johan Käll » 23 Apr 2008, 19:53

i pitched the idea to Oscar, and we toyed with the idea of two ships... and some shiphunting.. and shooting..

It depends, the other big ship si way up north, so it depends if we can get it down. Otherwise he and Josse can sit some of the smaller ships.. with their cannon and act chaseboat for us.
Johan Käll
Medlem

Postby Isis » 28 Apr 2008, 22:59

this sounds like an awesome idea :)
i'm sure our dutch guys are more willing to come to sweden for this!
Isis

Postby Bertus Brokamp » 29 Apr 2008, 23:30

Bertus Brokamp

Postby Morgan » 23 May 2008, 23:56

I want all sorts of folk - not just guys. I vote for babies and women too. This is a cool experience that I think we should share. No?
Morgan

Postby Johan Käll » 24 May 2008, 00:19

in english they use 'guy' in a general meaning mostly. I got confused to, but even in a all women group 'guys' is used. It is of course my meaning that it will be a multigender thing.

i guess its like we use 'man'
Johan Käll
Medlem

Postby Hannah Bob » 01 Jun 2008, 18:00

Hannah Bob

Postby Isis » 01 Jun 2008, 19:15

ha! of course i didn't intend to only let our male members attend! i want to be there myself as well! :-D
Isis

Next

Return to Business and Pleasure